I’m sure you’ve heard of it from me by now, so here is the link to the host of this meme: The Broke and The Bookish. This week’s topic is Top Ten Books I’m Not Sure I Want To Read, whether these are in general, or ones that you have lost interest in.
I, unfortunately, have quite a lot of these! So I’m going to break it down into a couple of headings/genres.
1. To Kill A Mocking Bird – I’m very weary of any book found on the GCSE lists, as I didn’t find any of them enjoyable.
2. The Great Gatsby – I have even steered clear of the film!
3. War and Peace – The size of this book alone scares me! My dad has insisted for years that it is a must read, but whenever he’s described what happens within it, I really don’t think it is for me…
4. Divergent – I rarely find dystopian books to be done well, and find that many of them are the same. I know the film isn’t exactly the same, but based on the trailers, it looks like there’s a lot of love focus, which generally I find cliché, unnecessary and forced.
5. Vampire Academy – I read the blurb for this book a few days ago, and it sounds awful! I can imagine I would probably throw the book at a wall in anguish.
6. Eragon – I refused to read it when I was younger, as someone compared it to Harry Potter, which I was having none of. I did cave and begin to read it a few years later, but found it very dull, and never completed it.
On my book shelf
7. Oblivion – I read the few before in the series, picked this one up, and was confused as to what was happening.
8. Prince of Thorns – I bought this about 4 years ago, and still haven’t begun reading it. At the time, I thought it sounded really good, but now I just can’t bring myself to read it.
9. Lascard Dagger by Glenda Larke – I’ve been wanting to read her books for a while, and I managed to find this one in the library, but I just couldn’t get into it.
10. Wicked – I loved the Musical, and I have the first 3 in this series. But, I’m just not feeling it!