I haven’t done one of these in a very long time. My days are a little muddled up, and I keep going to complete it on Sundays or Wednesdays. This week, I have the day right! Whay!
So, Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme, hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. Each week is a different Top Ten, and this week is… “Top Ten Books That Were Hard For Me To Read”
1, Wuthering Heights – Emily Bronte. I have attempted this book at least 5 times now, and still cannot get past chapter 12! Probably doesn’t help that I keep getting Kate Bush stuck in my head every time I read it.
2. Game Of Thrones – George R R Martin. These are amazing books, there is no denying that. But, there are so many characters! I read the first book before the TV series was aired, and all the characters became a muddle in my head. I started the second book after the show, and found this really helped as I could put a face to the many names (but the show meant spoilers!)
3. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – J.K.Rowling. I don’t think this really needs much explaining. I adored Harry Potter (I still do) and grew up reading the books, this book meant it was the end. And I am still not quite ready for that.
4. The Heart Of Darkness – Joseph Conrad. I hated this book. Hated, Hated, Hated it. It is so short but took me ages to get through as I found it so dull and descriptive.
5. Good Night Mr Tom – Michelle Magorian. Have you read this book? Go read this book! There are parts of this book that stick with me, even now. Especially him sitting cuddling his baby sister.
6. Before I Go to Sleep – S J Watson. This book was so predictable, it was painful.
7. Lord of the Rings – J. R. R. Tolkein. Although I enjoyed the story, I found his writing style very hard to read.