So, Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme, hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. Each week is a different Top Ten, and this week is… “Top Ten Places Books Have Made Me Want To Visit”
This is quite tricky. Although I would love to go to many of the places my favourite books are set, I would most definitely die.
1. Hogwarts – Seriously, who wouldn’t want to go to Hogwarts?! And the birlliant thing is that there are now attractions linked to it. I went to the Harry Potter Studio Tour for my birthday last year, and I have my heart set on going to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter theme park.
2. Hampton Court Palace – I don’t read much historical fiction, but I love everything to do with the Tudors. This was one of the first trips I did when I moved to London.(They have actors! The Henry VIII is terrifying! And he makes you bow to him!)
3. Wonderland – Yet another obsession of mine! I would love to hop down the rabbit hole and see what I would find.
4. Victorian London – So many amazing books are set around Victorian London, one of my favourites being Sherlock Holmes. If you are in London, take a trip to Baker Street, and go to the Sherlock Holmes Museum! It is truely spectacular in there! (Be warned, Sherlock is filmed a few streets down. Google ‘Speedy’s Cafe’ to get there)
5. The Shire – One of my goals is to save enough money, and go to The Shire. It just looks so quaint, and beautiful.
6. The University in Patrick Rothfuss’s Name of the Wind – Especially the library! No naked flames!
7. Willywonka’s Chocolate Factory – How magical would that be! I’m pretty sure I would be Augustus Gloop, swimming in the chocolate.
8. Neverland – It would be a great adventure.
Where would you like to visit?