Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. Every week they post a new top ten list and invite everyone to share their answers. This week’s topic is “Top Ten Of Your Auto-buy Authors”.
1. Sarah J Maas – Although I only started reading her books last year, I loved Throne of Glass so much I will buy anything else she writes. I didn’t even bother reading the blurb for A Court of Thorns and Roses before I bought it.
2. Trudi Canavan – I loved both the Black Magician series and The Traitor Spy series, I wouldn’t hesitate to read anything new by her.
3. Patrick Rothfuss – I would rather he be working on the final book in the King Killer Chronicles, but I would read anything else he releases. I don’t usually pre-order books, but I did for The Slow Regard of Silent Things.
4. Sarah Dessen – Her books are so lovely, enjoyable and easy to read. Each summer I go to the library and hunt out all the books they have by her.
5. George R R Martin – I feel a little bit silly with this one. I a lot of books by him, yet I’ve only manage to read the Game of Thrones and about a quarter of Rogues.
6. Julia Donaldson – Author of The Gruffalo, The Highway Rat, Room on a Broom among many others. Each book I’ve read by her has been wonderful and thoroughly enjoyed by myself and children.
7. Cassandra Clare – I keep saying I won’t buy or read any more and yet I still find myself at the till with her newest book in hand.
8. Morgan Rhodes – She wrote Falling Kingdom series, I most certainly will be buying the next few, along with the newest series she has released!
9. Michael J Sullivan – I adored the Riyria Revelations, and now he has started writing the Riyria Chronicles, which I am very excited about! They will automatically be bought, regardless of how many he ends up writing.
10. Nicholas Sparks – Similar to how I feel about Sarah Dessen, his books are just very sweet and easy to read. I like to just relax in summer and read one of his books.
What are your auto-buy reads?
Are there any authors / books that you think I should go out and buy right now?