I always get excited when I see that my blog has been viewed, overjoyed when someone has commented or liked, so I am ecstatic when someone links to me. Especially when it is something as positive as this! So I must offer my greatest thanks to A Reading Writer!
It is a pleasure to do this tag/nomination so here are the simple rules:
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you, linking back to their site.
2. Put the award logo on your blog.
3. Answer the ten questions sent to you.
4. Make up ten new questions for your nominees to answer.
5. Nominate (up to) ten blogs.
Here were A Book Reader’s questions
1. Describe yourself in ONE word.
Organised – Although you wouldn’t think it looking at me bedroom!
2. When and why did you start blogging?
I started a little over a year ago. I was reading lots of books and I always rave to my friends about the good ones, so I thought it would be cool to rave to other people (then I don’t have to see people’s eye glaze over when I’ve been talking non-stop about a book for half an hour). I partly also did it so I could get access to more ARCs too 😛
3. Who influenced you to read?
My parents – they read with me, and to me, every night and made sure I was challenged.
4. What are your top 3 best read books for this year?
They may not be the most fantastic, but these are the books I feel I have enjoyed the most so far this year.
5. Where’s your favorite place when you’re reading?
Just off the highstreet in Canterbury, there is an old monastry. I love to go sit under the trees, next to the river and the wild flowers and read.
6. What’s the perfect pair for a book, is it coffee or tea?
7. Name three authors that you have read almost all their books? (Consider authors that you have read more than 5 novels.)
From doing this Top Ten Tuesday, it turns out there are a lot of authors I have read more than 5 novels by!
I have read, with exception of the Bane Chronicles and her newest one, all of Cassandra Clare’s books.
With exception of one book, I have read all of Michael J Sullivan’s books – if you love fantasy, PLEASE check him out – he’s also super nice, and will reply to any message you send him!
I’ve read (if you include the short stories) all of Sarah J Maas’ books, with A Court of Thorns and Rose sitting on my table and Queen of Shadows currently being sent to my house! eeep!
8. Aside from writing and reading, name one activity that you do most of the time?
Does planning count? What about laminating – I’ve been doing an awful lot of that recently!
Nah, seriously, I do a lot of walking. I live near Richmond Park (The biggest royal park in London) and like to take stroles around there. For my last holiday, I went to Sicily so I could climb up Etna!
9. What’s your favorite song lyric?
“We’ve all been sorry,
We’ve all been hurt,
But how we survive is what makes us who we are”
Survive by Rise Against
10. Who is that book character that you can relate the most? Why?
I’m not really sure. When I asked Daz for help on this, he said “Ms Trunchable” from Matilda. I’m really hoping he’s joking…
11. What is the best quote that you have read? (Please include the name of the book and author)
“It’s the questions we can’t answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question and he’ll look for his own answers.”
― Patrick Rothfuss,
- Katie at sherlockianbooklover
- Tanya at readrunstudy
- Leah at Theperksofbeingabookworm
- Lauren at driftinglexi
- Becca at Beccaandbooks
- RJ at HeirofRavenclaw
- Becky at Blogsofabookaholic
- What are your top 3 books that you have read this year?
- What are your most anticipated books to be released for this year? (I won’t be mean and cap you on this one!)
- What is your favourite film?
- Sweet or Savory?
- What book have you read more times than any other?
- Do you organised your books/DVDs in a certain way? How?
- If you could have one super power, what would it be?
- What was the last thing to make you laugh?
- Do you remember your dreams? What was your last one about?
- What is your greatest achievement to date?