I feel that this year has gone by so quickly! It was in January that I was panicking and stressing over my dissertation. Now I have finished, graduated and got my on little class of munchkins! I wrote a little bit about my first day in year one here, if you would like to read about it.
As it was last year, September brings work and this means less reading! 😦 I read whilst on the bus, so I get through one “adult” a week/fortnight. Although if you count picture books, I steam my way through those 😛
I wrote post last week about children’s book I have recently bought. I just wanted to say, I read The Dinosaur That Pooped A Lot by Dougie Poynter and Tom Fletcher today, and my children absolutely loved it! They were laughing their heads off! I couldn’t keep a straight face reading about “your own poo and times it by four” either! So definitely give it a read! I’m already convincing my children to bring in their own copies of the other books so we can read them!
I have just finished The Sister Pact by , which I really enjoyed. The review will come out soon, when I get around to writing it!
I am currently reading The Invasion of the Tearling on e-book. I’m about 40% of the way through, and I’m finding it OK, but rather uneventful…
My copy of Queen of Shadows arrived, which I was very excited about. Until I began reading it, and realised I had completely forgotten what happened and got very confused as to who Aelin was. Not a good start for me! I have begun again, after doing a quick Wiki to remind myself! I’m not very far through yet…
I have also bought, but not quite got around to starting yet, the following books:
- Heir of Night: THe Wall of Night: Book One by Helen Lowe – I have been staring at this book in Waterstones for ages. I have finally caved and bought it. Now I just need to find time to read it.
- Graceling by Kristin Cashore – I was so sure I had read this book as I own Fire (book 2) which has definitely been read. But despite reading the blurb I cannot remember either book! So I shall begin them again.
- The Winners Curse and The Winners Crime by Marie Rutkolski – I made such a booboo with this! I had the second one on e-book. I ordered the first one on amazon in paper back once I realised. Only to find out when it arrived that I has actually ordered the same second book. The first one has finally arrived! Lets hope I enjoy them now after my mistake!
- Cruel Beauty by Rosamund Hodge – This book hasn’t arrived yet, but I am excited for when it does. I keep hearing this about this book, so I’m very intrigued!
- A Court Of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J Maas – I actually pre-ordered this, so I have had it for a very long time. I’ve added it on here because it still remains on my TBR list, and I feel I may need some nagging to get around to reading it.
What books have you recently bought?
Have you read any of my recently bought books? Where should I begin?