Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. Every week they post a new top ten list and invite everyone to share their answers. This week’s topic is “Top Ten New To Me Authors That I Read In 2015”.
Thank goodness for the library and NetGallery when it comes to new authors! So far this year, I have read 49 books. Most of which have been series or chidlren’s books. Therefore, the following are new authors I have read this year but I may not have enjoyed them all…
- Kiera Cass – The Selection series. I hated myself for doing so, but I loved these books so much.
- Kody Keplinger – The DUFF and Lying Out Loud. Very easy but enjoyable reads.
- Maria V Snyder – Poison Study. I had been eying up her books for a while. I’ve read the first two in the series so far…
- James Dashner – The Maze Runner. Another book I had been meaning to pick up for a while. Unfortunately, I wasn’t overly impressed.
- Erika Johansen – Queen of the Tearling. I read both books this year, mainly because I heard Emma Watson may be in the film adaptation.
- Sarah Crossan – One. This was a brilliant book. Definitely have a read!
- Dereck Landy – Scull Duggery Pleasant. A friend bought this for me. I really enjoyed it, so have bought the second one!
- David Walliams – Demon Dentist and Rat Burger. I didn’t realise how dark these were, I expected them to just be silly and funny.
- Naomi Novrik – Uprooted. I went into this expecting to love it, due to all the hype, and ended up just liking it. I would probably still read another book by her.
- Non Pratt – Troubled. I read this based on a recommendation from someone on Goodreads. It was really, really good!
What fantastic new authors did you find this year?
I would love to give them a try in 2016.