Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. Every week they post a new top ten list and invite everyone to share their answers. It’s a great way to learn more about the bloggers you follow and to find lots of new books. This week’s topic is “Top Ten Books in X Setting”. I have chosen the setting of the UK!
- Harry Potter Series by J.K.Rowling – this was a given with the Hogwarts Express leaving from Kings Cross in London, Godric’s Hollow in West England, The Burrow in Devon and Hogwarts being in Scotland.
- The Other Bolyne Girl by Philippa Gregory- I personally love the Tudors, so reading about Anne and Mary , the sisters who both had children by Henry VIII, was right up my street.
- Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare – Set in Victorian London. I personally prefer this series to The Mortal Instruments too.
- Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle – Set in Victorian London, I am sure everyone is aware of the world famous detective who resides at 221B Baker Street! I’m currently making my way through the collection. My personal favourites are A Study in Scarlet and The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes.
- Carrie’s War by Nina Bawden- I read this when I was younger and it is one of the books that I can still recall vividly. It’s about a child who was evacuated to Wales during the Blitz to live with Hapzibah Green and Mister Johnny who talks to animals but not humans.
- Wolf Hall by Hilary Mantel – An in depth view of the world of the Tudors with focus on the political aspects.
- Good Night, Mr Tom by Michelle Magorian – I remember reading this in year six, it’s another one that sticks with me. Another evacuee who is sent to the countryside during The War, where it is calm, there’s friendship, no harsh words or daily beatings.
- Winnie the Pooh by A.A.Milne – I’ve always wanted to go to the One Hundred Acre Wood.