Last year I set myself some challenges. I met some of them but not all.
The ones I didn’t complete are going to be rolled over to 2017
- To read my pre-ordered books.
- To get above 70% on NetGallery
- To complete The Sherlock Holmes Collection
My new targets:
- To read more pages in total than the 2016 total. To beat 2014 would be brilliant!
- To complete at least one classic (other than Sherlock Holmes)
- To read the books delivered to me in my illumicrate boxes – Nevernight, The Graces, The Diabolic.
- To complete at least 26 of the Around the Year In 52 Books Challenge.
I’ve decided not to set myself a number of books challenge as otherwise I feel guilty about adding children’s picture books and making it look like I’ve read more than I have – this is why I’ve set the pages challenge!
So far the books I intend on reading next year, based on the books I intend to read for the Around the Year in 52 Books, are:
- Rebel of the Sands Alwyn Hamilton (own)
- Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo (own)
- A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens (own)
- The Graces by Laure Eve (own)
- The Diabolic by S.J.Kincaid (own)
- The Accident Season by Moira Fowley-Doyle (own)
- Game of Thrones series by George R R Martin (own)
- Nevernight by Jay Kristoff (own)
- Lady Midnight by Cassandra Clare (own)
- All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr (own)
- An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir
- When God Was a Rabbit
- The Last Falcon by Colleen Ruttan
- Spirit of Thieves by Morgan Rhodes (own)
- The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
- Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn (own)
- American Gods by Neil Gaiman (own)
- To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee (own)
- Good Omens by Terry Prattchet
- The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer
- Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams (own)
- Graceling by Kristin Cashore (own)
- A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J Maas (own)
- Hitman Anders and the Meaning of It All by Jonas Jonasson (own)
- The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafón
- Wolf Hall by Hilary Mantel (own)
- The God Of Small Things by Arundhati Roy
- Nineteen Eighty-Four by Geroge Orwell
- Happy by Derren Brown (own)
- Vampire Academyby Richelle Mead (own)
- Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard
- The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman
- Life of Pi by Yann Martel
- The Book of Speculation by Erika Swyler (own)
- Dracular by Bram Stoker (own)
- Frankenstein by Mary Shelly
- We Need to Talk About Kevin by Lionel Shriver (own)
- Coraline by Neil Gaiman
- It by Stephen King
- The Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan
- Night Angel by Brent Weeks
- The Reluctant Mage by Karen Miller
- Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman
- The First Fifteen Lives of Harry August by Claire North (own)
- A Clockwork Orange by Anthony Burgess
- Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov (own)
What are your challenges?
Can you recommend me any books I’ll enjoy?
Which book on my list should I begin with?