Welcome to the second Quarter Quell, my 3 month wrap up where I look at my challenges I set at the beginning of the year and see how much progress I have made on them. It’s always nice to see a bit of progression, no matter how small. 🙂
I set myself the following challenges at the beginning of the year:
- To read my pre-ordered books ( Court of Thorns and Roses + Court of Mist and Fury)
- To get above 70% on NetGallery
- To complete The Sherlock Holmes Collection
- To read more pages in total than the 2016 total (16,132 pages).
- To complete at least one classic (other than Sherlock Holmes)
- To read the books delivered to me in my illumicrate boxes – Nevernight, The Graces, The Diabolic.
- To complete at least 26 of the Around the Year In 52 Books Challenge.
To Read My Pre-Orders: Still not completed despite taking ACoMaF on holiday with me.
To get above 70% on NetGalley:
In December it was 64%, in March it was 65%, and now it is… 66%. Woo! I’ve started only requesting the books I really REALLY want. That still doesn’t stop me going on a requesting spree!
I still have a few great books that I need to get round to:
- Traitor to the Throne – Alwyn Hamilton
- This Secret We’re Keeping – Rebecca Done
- Allegiant – Veronica Roth
- The Bone Season – Samantha Shannon
- Age of Swords – Michael J Sullivan
- The Best of Adam Sharp – Graeme Simsion
To complete The Sherlock Holmes Collection:
In December I was 88% through with just The Case-Book of Sherlock Holmes left to read. I’ve made no progress on this at all.
To read more pages in total than the 2016 total (16,132 pages): So far (according to Goodreads) I’ve read 11317 pages = 70% of last year’s total!
To complete at least one classic (other than Sherlock Holmes): I completed The Great Gatsby back in March, Animal Farm in April and I am currently reading 1984.
To read the books delivered to me in my illumicrate boxes: I haven’t read any of the original ones I meant at the beginning of the year. I’ve got even more because of the February and May boxes. I’ve only read one of them so far – whoops.
- Nevernight – Jay Kristoff
- The Graces – Laure Eve
- Diabolic – S. J. Kincaid
- Wintersong – S. Jae-Jones
- Red Sister – Mark Lawrence
- Truth or Dare – Non Pratt (2/6/17)
- The Walking Land by Callie Bates
To complete at least 26 of the Around the Year In 52 Books Challenge: (30/52 completed)
Since March I have ticked off:
1. A book from the Goodreads Choice Awards 2016 – Lady Midnight by Cassandra Clare (31/5/17)
2. A book with at least 2 perspectives (multiple points of view) – You’re the One That I Want by Giovanna Fletcher (6/4/17)
8. A book written by a person of colour – When Dimple Met Rishi by Sandhya Menon (13/6/17)
10. A dual-timeline novel – On the Other Side by Carrie Hope Fletcher (11/5/17)
16. A mystery –One of Us is Lying by Karen M. McManus (4/5/17)
19. A New York Times best-seller – The Reason I Jump by Naoki Higashida (6/04/17)
34. A book set in or by an author from the Southern Hemisphere – Big Little Lies by Liane Mortiarty (18/6/17)
47. A past suggestion that didn’t win (link) – A Children’s Book Published After 2010 – Claude on the Slopes by Alex T. Smith (19/5/17)
48. A banned book – Animal Farm by George Orwell (6/4/17)
49. A book from someone else’s bookshelf – Dreamland by Sarah Dessen (1/5/17)
52. A book set in a fictional location – The Darkest Magic by Morgan Rhodes (12/4/17)
See all the challenges I’ve ticked off here.
Have you read any of these books?
How are you getting on with your resolutions?