I have been nominated for this award by Cassie Holmes, Thankyou so much, it was a very nice surprise to wake to. As my first nomination for an award, I’m thrilled!
– Thank the person who nominated you by linking to their blog.
– Answer the 11 questions the nominator gave to you.
– Nominate 11 other bloggers who have less than 200 followers.
– Create 11 questions for your nominees.
– Let your nominees know by getting in touch with them.
Cassie’s Questions to her nominees:
1. How would you describe your personality?
I would say that I am generally a very positive and enthusiastic person to be around, but I worry. A lot. I like to know what I am doing, and if it is uncertain, this sometimes makes me very anxious. That said, I am very organised – which makes teaching a lot easier!
2. What is your favourite childhood memory?
My favourite childhood memory is probably one holiday we had. We went to the beach in NewQuay, in west Wales, and someone had rowed in a blow-up boat from the main town to our campsite. As they did it for a bit of fun, they didn’t want the boat anymore, so they gave it to us! We then saw a baby seal pup on the beach, and watched it swim out to its mum in the sea. We then had a BBQ on the beach, which turned into a bonfire, and us all singing old Girl Guide songs and Welsh Hymns.
3. What is the name of the last book you read?
The last book I read was “What Would Mary Berry Do?”, of which you can find my review here. I requested it off of NetGallery, and I managed to coincide reading it with the beginning of The Great Britsh Bake Off.
4. Where do you see yourself in ten years?
This slightly funny, as I joke to my friends that I have a “5 year plan”, except that it runs up this year! So in 10 years time, I will be 30. So hopefully, I will have a secure job, still in teaching. I would like to have worked my way up a bit, and would definitely like to be a subject leader, if not deputy head teacher. Children would be nice, but I don’t particularly want a certain number or gender.
5. Who is your role model?
Oh gosh, I’m not really sure. I’ve never really looked at a person and thought of them entirely as my role model. I’ve mainly just really admired certain aspects of individuals. For example, my Spanish teacher – she had wanted to be a teacher since she was 5, and what I found most amazing about her was that she was born in France, learnt fluent Spanish and English, and then married and Italian, and can now speak and teach all 4 languages to A-level level.
6. What is your favourite quote?
I have lots! But being a book blog, I will post some of my favourite book quotes:
“One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree.
‘Which road do I take?’ she asked.
‘Where do you want to go?’ was his response.
‘I don’t know’, Alice answered.
‘Then’, said the cat, ‘it doesn’t matter.’”
(Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland, Lewis Carol)
“Words are pale shadows of forgotten names. As names have power, words have power. Words can light fires in the minds of men. Words can wring tears from the hardest hearts.”
(The Name of the Wind, Patrick Rothfuss)
“You will see, Wendy, when the first baby laughed for the first time, its laugh broke into a throughs and pieces, and they all went skipping about, and that was the beginning of fairies.”
(Peter and Wendy, J, M,Barrie)
7. If you could have one super power, what would it be?
Interesting and difficult question! I think I would have the power of telekinesis – to move things with my mind. Because then, I could be extra lazy, and make a cup of tea without even having to leave my bed!
8. What is your favourite place to be?
My favourite place is a place called Grey Friars, in Canterbury. It is a little garden that is open to the public, with wild flowers and a stream. I love to sit in their either next to the river or on the grass in the sun to read.
9. If you could invite one person to dinner, dead or alive, who would you choose?
Either J.K.Rowling (only if she would happily talk about Harry Potter non-stop) or Jennifer Lawrence, because not only do I think she is a wonderful actress, but she seem like she would be a lot of fun!
10. What is the last thing that made you laugh?
We just washed my dog, and she really doesn’t like water. So as soon as she was washed she shook all over my family, and then proceeded to roll around on the floor.
11. If you could offer one piece of advice, what would it be?
Don’t worry about what you think others will think of you, if you think it is right, and it makes you happy, go for it!
A Fellow Sherlock Holmes fan, and book lover: Katie
A brilliant book blog: Tanya
Possibly my favourite book blog at the moment; reviews, quotes and Great British Book-off!: Leah
A book blog that reads a lot of the same books as me: Melinda
Book reviews and short stories: Lauryn
A truly amazing blog about bucket lists and mini-interviews about people’s lives: Shelly
My Questions for you:
1. What is your favourite book?
2. What is your favourite place?
3. What hobbies do you do?
4. Why did you start your blog?
5. If you could recommend 1 film, 1 book and 1 TV series, what would they be?
6. What would be your ideal holiday destination?
7. Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
8. Do you remember your dreams? If so, what was your last one about?
9. Do you have a bucket list? If yes, and you would have to pick ONE thing only that could happen in the very foreseeable future, which one would it be?
10. What is your greatest achievement to date?
I look forward to reading your answers.