Sunday Smiles is a weekly meme created by me at Tumbling into Wonderland Books. It runs every Sunday. Want to find out more or join in the fun? Check out the details here.
My Sunday Smiles
I’ve been on half term this week which means I’ve been able to sleep (yay!), drink (yay!) and do things that I want to do with my days (yaaaay!) So I’ve got lots of smiles for this week.
- I had a lovely day in London, eating street food in Camden, visiting Forbidden Planet, and seeing my first show in the National Theatre! I went to see Ugly Lies the Bone, which was different to what I was expecting but really, really good! It was a straight run through, with no breaks, and the setting was incredible.
- My Illumicrate arrived! (My unboxing). It’s a 3 monthly subscription, so I’m always really excited when this arrives. It was a super haul this month too, with my highlights being: two books, a candle and a cute HP keyring.
- I went to Oxford for the day (my post). We had a completely nerdy bookish day going to the Bodleian Library (where they filmed HP), buying books from Oxford University Print shop and going to the Eagle and Child (drinking grounds of the Inklings).
- We went to London Zoo at night! ZSL are doing evening events during summer where people walk around in costume, they have food and music. It’s rather lovely without all the children! The animals tend to be more active in the evening too 🙂
- I completed all my school reports! Hurrah! 30 reports takes an awfully long time to write and I’m pretty sure by the end most of them didn’t really make sense. But they’re completed!
What made you smile this week?