Welcome to the third Quarter Quell, my 3 month wrap up where I look at my challenges I set at the beginning of the year and see how much progress I have made on them. It’s always nice to see a bit of progression, no matter how small. 🙂
I set myself the following challenges at the beginning of the year:
- To read my pre-ordered books (A Court of Thorns and Roses + A Court of Mist and Fury)
- To get above 70% on NetGalley
- To complete The Sherlock Holmes Collection
- To read more pages in total than the 2016 total (16,132 pages).
- To complete at least one classic (other than Sherlock Holmes)
- To read the books delivered to me in my illumicrate boxes – Nevernight, The Graces, The Diabolic.
- To complete at least 26 of the Around the Year In 52 Books Challenge.
To Read My Pre-Orders: I Still haven’t completed these. This is getting a bit embarrassing now.
To get above 70% on NetGalley: In December it was 64%, in March it was 65%, June 66% and now it is… 70%! Woo! Thanks to doing ARC August I managed to bring it right up! I’ve started only requesting the books I really REALLY want. My problem is that a lot of these are the second book in a series, and I still haven’t read the first book (I just know that I will love them when I eventually get around to them.)
Here are a few of the great books that I need to get round to:
- Traitor to the Throne – Alwyn Hamilton
- Allegiant – Veronica Roth
- Age of Swords – Michael J Sullivan
- The Best of Adam Sharp – Graeme Simsion
- Godsgrave – Jay Kristoff
- The Lying Game – Ruth Ware
To complete The Sherlock Holmes Collection: In December I was 88% through with just The Case-Book of Sherlock Holmes left to read. I’ve made no progress on this at all.
To read more pages in total than the 2016 total (16,132 pages): So far (according to Goodreads) I’ve read 14873 pages = 92% of last year’s total!
To complete at least one classic (other than Sherlock Holmes): I completed The Great Gatsby back in March, Animal Farm in April and I made a start on, but put down, 1984 and Perfume: The Story of a Murderer.
To read the books delivered to me in my illumicrate boxes: I haven’t read any of the original ones I meant at the beginning of the year. I’ve got even more because of the February, May and August boxes. I’ve only read one of them so far – whoops.
- Nevernight – Jay Kristoff
- The Graces – Laure Eve
- Diabolic – S. J. Kincaid
- Wintersong – S. Jae-Jones
- Red Sister – Mark Lawrence
- Truth or Dare – Non Pratt (2/6/17)
- The Walking Land by Callie Bates
- Wonder Woman: Warbringer – Leigh Bardugo
- Nyxia – Scott Reintgen
To complete at least 26 of the Around the Year In 52 Books Challenge: (39/52 completed)
Since June I have ticked off:
3. A book you meant to read in 2016 – This Secret We’re Keeping by Rebecca Done (5/8/17)
5. A historical fiction – Wolf by Wolf by Ryan Graudin (27/9/17)
14. A book with a strong female character – Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine by Gail Honeyman (9/8/17)
15. A book written or set in Scandinavia (Norway, Sweden, Finland, Denmark, Iceland) – The One Memory of Flora Banks by Emily Barr (11/7/17)
20. A book that you’ve owned for a while but haven’t gotten around to reading – Mr Katz is a Zombie by Margaret Lesh (3/8/17)
24. A book written by at least two authors – Love HurtsLove Hurts by Malorie Blackman and Others (2/8/17)
31. A book from a sub-genre of your favorite genre– Age of Myth by Michael J. Sullivan (7/8/17)
35. A book where one of the main characters is royalty – Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard (9/7/17)
39. An epistolary fiction – Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher (10/7/17)
See all the challenges I’ve ticked off here.
Have you read any of these books?
How are you getting on with your resolutions?